The following people have pooled their considerable experience and expertise to develop
a series of briefing papers to address the key issues surrounding the current energy debate and review of the 'nuclear option'.
- Professor Richard Broinowskiis an Adjunct Professor at the University of Sydney and a former Australian Ambassador to Vietnam, Republic of Korea, Mexico, the Central American Republics and Cuba. He is the author of Fact or Fission: the Truth about Australia's Nuclear Ambitions (Melbourne: Scribe, 2003).
- Contact: via Jim Green 0417 318 368
- Associate Professor Peter Christoff teaches and researches climate politics and policy in the Department of Resource Management and Geography. at the University of Melbourne.
He lectures on climate politics and policy in the University's Centre for
Public Policy, and has published widely on Australian and international
- Contact: 0418 339 947, peterac@ unimelb.edu.au
- Dr Mark Diesendorf is Deputy Director of the Institute of Environmental Studies at University of New South Wales. Previously he was a Principal Research Scientist in CSIRO and Professor of Environmental Science at University of Technology Sydney. He is co-editor with Clive Hamilton of the interdisciplinary book, "Human Ecology, Human Economy: Ideas for an Ecologically Sustainable Future" (1997) and author of 'Greenhouse Solutions with Sustainable Energy' (2007) and 'Climate Action: A Campaign Manual for Greenhouse Solutions'.
- Contact: (02) 9385 5707, m.diesendorf@ unsw.edu.au (alternate phone contacts via Jim Green 0417 318 368)
- Media Articles: www.sustainabilitycentre.com.au/popular.html
- Peer-reviewed articles: www.ies.unsw.edu.au/staff/mark.html
- Professor Jim Falk has a PhD is in theoretical physics, and over the last 25 years he has
specialised in the study of the nature, impact and management of science and technology in their social
contexts. He is the author or co-author of over 100 scholarly papers and five books.
- Contact: jfalk@ unimelb.edu.au or via Jim Green, 0417 318 368
- Melbourne Sustainable Society Institute: metastudies.net/
- worlds-in-transition.com: worlds-in-transition.com/
- things-that-count.net: things-that-count.net/
- University of Melbourne: www.findanexpert.unimelb.edu.au/researcher/person35647.html
- Recent Publications: metastudies.net/
- Dr Jim Green is the national nuclear campaigner with Friends of the Earth. He has an honours degree in public health and a PhD in science and technology studies for his doctoral thesis on the Lucas Heights research reactor debates. He is the author of the September 2005 report,'Nuclear Power: No Solution to Climate Change', available at www.foe.org.au/anti-nuclear/issues.
- Contact: 0417 318 368, jim.green@ foe.org.au
- Friends of the Earth: www.foe.org.au/anti-nuclear
dt>Choose Nuclear Free: http://www.choosenuclearfree.net
- Nuclear & Environmental Research: http://pandora.nla.gov.au/pan/30410/20090218-0153/www.geocities.com/jimgreen3/index.html
- Genevieve Kelly works at the National Tertiary Education Union and has been involved with issues around the Australian government's reactors at Lucas Heights in Sydney since the 1980s.
- Contact: via Jim Green 0417 318368, jim.green@ foe.org.au
- Jillian Marsh Marsh is an Adnyamathanha woman who has been active in promoting Indigenous land uses, culturally appropriate environmental management strategies, and cultural heritage protection in SA's northern Flinders Ranges region for many years. Her PhD thesis (Department of Geographical and Environmental Studies, University of Adelaide) dealt with the Beverley Uranium Mine and the Indigenous participation within resource development.
- Contact: minaaka09@ bigpond.com or via Jim Green, 0417 318368
- Professor Brian Martin has a PhD in theoretical physics and is Professor of Social Sciences at the University of Wollongong. He is the author of 16 books and hundreds of scholarly papers.
- Contact: (02) 4221 3763 (w), bmartin@ uow.edu.au
- Website: www.uow.edu.au/~bmartin
- Dr Gavin Mudd holds a PhD in Environmental Engineering and is a Lecturer/Course Director in Environmental
Engineering in the Department of Civil Engineering, Monash University. His research interest include the environmental
impacts from uranium mining and milling in Australia.
- Contact: 0419 117 494, Gavin.Mudd@ eng.monash.edu.au
- Website: http://users.monash.edu.au/~gmudd
- Dr Alan Roberts holds a Ph.D. in physics (University of Sydney) and has lectured in physics at Sydney
and Monash universities.He formerly served on the advisory Nuclear Safety committee of the Australian Radiation
Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency. His research work is on problems of theoretical ecology.
- Contact: (03) 9489 0927, alan.roberts@ arc.net.au
- Assoc. Prof. Tilman Ruff is an infectious diseases and public health physician; Past President of the Medical Association for Prevention of War; Associate Professor, Nossal Institute for Global Health, University of Melbourne; medical advisor, International Department, Australian Red Cross; technical advisor on immunisation (Pacific), UNICEF and AusAID; member, Board of Directors, International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War (IPPNW); and Australian Chair of the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons.
- Contact: tilman.a.ruff@ mapw.org.au or via Nancy Atkin, MAPW Executive Officer, (03) 8344 1637, or via Jim Green, 0417 318 368
- Medical Association for Prevention of War: www.foe.org.au/anti-nuclear/issues
- International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons: www.mapw.org.au
- Dave Sweeney has been involved with nuclear issues in Australia for two decades. He currently works as a nuclear campaigner with the Australian Conservation Foundation.
- Contact: 0408 317 812, d.sweeney@ acfonline.org.au
- Website: www.acfonline.org.au/nuclear
- Dr. Sue Wareham OAM is a Past President of the Medical Association for Prevention of War (Australia), a Board Member of the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, and works in general practice in Canberra.
- Contact: via Nancy Atkin at MAPW (03) 9023 1958 / 0431 475 465, sue.wareham@ mapw.org.au
- Website: Medical Association for Prevention of War www.mapw.org.au
- Dr. Bill Williams, a General Practitioner currently based in Europe, is President of the Medical Association for Prevention of War (Australia).
- Contact: 0419 327 251, bill.williams@ mapw.org.au au or via MAPW Executive Officer Nancy Atkin: ph (03) 9023 1958 or 0431 475465
- Websites: Medical Association for Prevention of War www.mapw.org.au
- International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons www.icanw.org
- Dr Peter Karamoskos has worked in clinical practice for 25 years and as a Nuclear Radiologist for 15 years. He represents the Australian public on the Radiation Heath Committee of the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency. A member of the National Council of the Medical Association for the Prevention of War, Dr Karamoskos has written widely on the health risks of ionising radiation and of the nuclear industry.
- Contact: peter@ mapw.org.au or via MAPW Executive Officer Nancy Atkin: ph (03) 9023 1958 or 0431 475465